Creation vs. Big Bang

Today Ashton and Zachary did a science experiment in chaos. I know when I was in school chaos was a normal part of our school days. But their science experiment was designed to give them a creative way to think about where everything came from.


It started with a bunch of Lego (tm) bricks.


They threw the Legos into the air and watched to see if they created anything. Of course, all that happened was that the Legos fell to the floor in a mass of disconnected bricks. Then they took the bricks and created something. Ashton created a dragon. I am not certain what Zachary created, he wouldn't tell me.
Then they were asked which seemed more likely to them: everything just happened to fall together in some amazing explosion or that somebody created everything.
A really simple experiment that I would think anybody could understand. Unfortunately not all scientists are as free thinking as Marilyn vos Savant who stated in Parade magazine, February 4, 1996, “I think that if it had been a religion that first maintained the notion that all the matter in the entire universe had once been contained in an area smaller than the point of a pin, scientists probably would have laughed at the idea." She concluded that the Big Band Theory is accepted on faith by many scientists. They still have never explained where the matter originally came from.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Steve, great blog.

Wendy's SL friend,
Anne
Anonymous said…
Great post! I think I'll do this with my kids today! Thanks for the idea.

Another SL friend,
Lori (Momofmack)
Hen Jen said…
Really good post, and what a great experiment/example for your boys. I think the quote from ms. Savant is right on target.

Jenny in Ca

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper