Where do the Sparkles Come From?

We are driving down for the MusicFlorida Conference in Orlando. As we drove through Virginia on I-95, there was a section of road where the sun was reflecting on the asphalt in a way that was showing thousands of sparkles on the road. I was becoming almost hypnotized by the beauty of the sparkles assuming that there must be some type of rock or glass mixed in with the asphalt that was creating the effect.

I mentioned it to the boys. After my eight year old looked, he said, matter-of-factly, "They must have just cleaned the road." He paused for a couple seconds and then said, "Or maybe they just built this road." Another few seconds and he said, "Or maybe not too many people use this road." I tried not to, but I giggled slightly. He quickly added, "I think maybe it is just the sun that is making the road sparkle."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper