From My Personal Experience

Thought I would pass along some information that may be helpful to anybody who uses Paypal for online purchases.

I checked my bank account online today and noticed $790 had been transferred to my Paypal account. I had not authorized these, so I checked my Paypal account and saw that they had held these transfers for investigation because so much had been requested within two days. I disputed the charges with my bank account and Paypal and should get all of the money back within a few days. It appears that somebody successfully entered my Paypal account, but since they did not successfully change any account information I was able to block further access.

Paypal informed me that they have started offering a "Security Key" which they will send you for $5 to cover shipping it. They are sending me a key for free because of my specific situation. The key is a device which creates a random code once every few minutes. After registering the key, when you log into your account you will be asked to enter the security key code. You press a button on the key and you are given the correct code for your account. They have had 100% success in preventing unauthorized account access with those who are using the new security keys.

After the shock I had today, I would have been happy to pay the $5 for the extra security. This is the first instance I have ever had of someone breaking into any of my online accounts. I am thankful that we had enough in our bank account to cover the temporary loss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper