How Long Did They Know?

Apple's new operating system Snow Leopard 10.6 has been out for almost six months and Microsoft's new operating system Windows 7 has been out for more than a month now. Both companies were working on these new operating systems for many months before that. So, how is it that current products still do not have drivers that work with these operating systems?

Our church owns a Microboards GX2 Disc Publisher that we pretty much only use around the last week of November and first few weeks of December making our Living Christmas Tree CDs. Last time I used it I was using a Toshiba laptop with Windows XP. So, I hook it up to my Mac and install the Mac software only to discover it does not work with Mac OS 10.6. It will work with 10.4 or 10.5, but not 10.6. OK, I thought, I have Parallels Desktop so I can run Windows programs and hardware on my Mac, so I will install the Windows version. Nope, it doesn't work with Windows 7, but it will work with XP or Vista (which I do not have).

So after several phone calls between Microboards and some of the software companies involved with this disc publisher, I discover that Microboards is planning to release a Mac OS 10.6 version in a couple months. That is a couple months too late for me. At this point, I would not purchase another disc publisher from Microboards. However, I am stuck with this one.

So I took everything home and have hooked it up to our home computer and will be spending many hours burning and printing CDs at home.

Comments

Wendy said…
I have the same problem with my printer! OKI says "we're working on it"... and in the meantime, I can't print!

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper