Political Steve is Back

I am not In favor of starving the poor or taking medicine away from the seniors or taking away the pay of any federal employee (with the exception of the President, his cabinet and Congress), but I am likewise just as much not in favor of allowing our country to become so indebted that my future grandchildren will be working 80+ hours per week just to pay for our current Social Security, school lunches, college loans, and every usueless governmental grant that Congress can get approved for their districts and states.

We can easily become enslaved to our own government if we continue to allow them to spend, spend, spend as they promise more and more freebies to the people. I have only had to pay federal income taxes a few years in my entire adult life. I generally qualify to get everything back except for the 15.2% Social Security payments that I am required to pay as a self employed minister. Yet I realize that if we continue to ask the wealthy to pay more and more of the load, then the wealthy will either quit trying so hard or raise the prices so that everyone else pays for their increased expenses. I personally cannot afford for our country to add anymore taxes to the Walmarts and Targets and oil companies and phone companies and power companies.

There is a reason that I do not purchase a new car every few years, but at the same time I do not want to punish those who can. They are keeping the auto industry alive. There is a reason that I do not take annual holiday cruises or pay to watch a pro football game, but I do not hate those who do these things. They are providing jobs for thousands of my fellow Americans. Unfortunately, the Democrat party wants people in my income level to think that the rich are evil and should be punished for having money. They want them to pay 2-3 times as much as everyone else so that they can continue to provide those freebies to us in hopes that we will become good little citizens who completely depend on our government.

Tell Congress to not give in to President Obamas demands for more tax and spend politics. Let them know that it is time to make drastic cuts even if it means you will not get some of those wonderful government freebies. Tell them that we will not stand by and watch our governments debt continue to grow only to leave the problem to a future generation. The time to act is now, not after our country is bankrupt.

Comments

LaVerne said…
Feebies?? What freebies?? Have I been missing something all these years? Darn!

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper