The Killer, The Cure


This is a completely different style of poetry for me. I had a rap song going through my head when I started it, so I thought I would continue in that style.

The Killer, The Cure
(c) 2012 Steve Poole

Pain is crashing down like bricks upon my chest
Pushing and crushing
Taking peace, stealing freedom
Mental exhaustion begging me for rest
Searching and lurching
Questions here, can you hear them?

Barking at my heels the people circle ‘round
Snapping and yapping
Idle chat as they tinker
Dragging me down those upon the ground
Dragging and grabbing
Hooking me, line and sinker

Stressed beyond reason striking out in anger
Staring and daring
Don’t try me, you’ll regret it
In walks the babe that rocked the manger
Holding and molding
Think I’m out? Don’t ya bet it

Stress it tries to kill me but I got a secret
Dunking and dying
This life’s already gone
I gave my life away I really couldn’t keep it
Rising and breathing
Died to self and now I won

Sin’s the double killer but Christ gave me new life
Raising and Praising
I was lost, now I’m found
No more pain or sorrow no crying no more strife
Lifting and shouting
Hell behind, heaven bound

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper