This is Who I Am

I do not strive to be popular with what I say. I do not wish to be lauded for speaking the truth. I share the things that I do through my blog, Facebook, and twitter because I am nothing without Christ. It is through His guidance, His grace, and His love that I am where I am today. I will not apologize for believing the Word of God.

I will not cower in the face of immorality. I will not change my opinion to prevent confrontation with those living in darkness. I will speak out for those who cannot speak. I will continue to proclaim God's Word and His truth to a world which hates what is good and right. I will encourage those who have fallen on the sidelines. I will love those who hate me. I do this because I have been called by God to share His story to the ends of the world, and sometimes that is right here in America.

I will fight to protect the religious freedoms that we have in America. I will seek to protect the morality upon which this nation was founded even when it has become anathema to the increasingly immoral society in which we live. I will do all of this through the love of Christ. I will do all of this regardless of the cost. I desire for Christ to be glorified in all that I do, even if I am accused, hated, put down, mocked, abandoned, insulted, or even killed for my actions and words.

"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10

O church, arise and put your armor on;
Hear the call of Christ our captain.
For now the weak can say that they are strong
In the strength that God has given.
With shield of faith and belt of truth
We'll stand against the devil's lies.
An Army bold whose battle cry is "Love!"
Reaching out to those in darkness.
"O Church Arise" by Keith and Krysten Getty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper