The Deciding Factor

I must admit that I was disappointed in the attendance at our Saturday performances. We had more than 750 tickets requested and had a total of about 350 people attend. I reminded myself that we have had less in worship attendance at our early morning worship services, but it is still disappointing to have about 100 church members participating in a program for such small crowds.

Then I took home the response cards from our Saturday performances and God had to teach me to stop looking at attendance numbers and realize that results are the real deciding factor of how successful we were in sharing His message. Of those who were willing to complete a response card on Saturday, we had: 5 people accept Christ; 14 people rededicate their lives to Christ; and 9 people attend who do not belong to any church. God does not need large crowds to change lives.

And reports of how the program has left a lasting impression on people continue to be shared. One young man came to a performance to support his friend and attending one of our worship services today because of how impressed he was with the performance and seeing what our church does for the community. Several people shared with me that they have attended Oak Grove's Christmas programs for more than twenty years and that they have never been disappointed. Here are some of the actual comments from the response cards:


  • What a wonderful show. We were blessed to be here.
  • The voices are magnificent.
  • The lot attendants were very helpful. The ticket man was very nice.
  • Wonderful. wonderful show. So proud of my church.
  • I really enjoy coming to your programs. Thanks to all who take their time and talent to put on this play.
  • Wonderful program. Able to identity with today's problems.
  • I have been to every program for more than 20 years and this is by far the best ever.
  • Powerful message!
  • The program was beautiful and meaningful.
  • Loved the angels dancing.
  • What a tremendous amount of dedication and preparation this surely has taken. What a magnificent gift to the community.
  • Well done. Had a family looking for Christ join us this year. I believe this was a perfect message for them to take the first step.
  • I loved the play. It moved me to pray for the people of New York City.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper