Fear vs. Faith


Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 (HCSB)

What Is Keeping You From Telling Others About Jesus?

Whenever I speak to Christians about witnessing I discover that there are many Christ followers who have never told another person how to accept Christ. They usually tell me that they don't know how to explain it to others. My response: you accepted Jesus, right? How did you do it? Tell them that.

Others tell me that they are afraid to offend people. They are afraid that their friends will be turned off if they start getting all religious with them. I do my best not to respond with sarcasm: and you don't think that it would offend them to spend eternity in hell because you didn't tell them about Jesus?

Still others tell me that they are afraid that people will ask them questions that cannot answer. Nobody can know be expected to know everything and I believe that most people will understand that. It is better that they learn something about Jesus from you than nothing.

I believe that the underlying reason behind each of these, and perhaps most excuses for not witnessing, is fear. And that fear is a direct result of their lack of faith in God.

God has promised continually throughout His Word that He will be with us (Joshua 1:9, Matthew 28:20, Hebrews 13:5, Deuteronomy 31:6, Romans 8:38-39, 1 Corinthians 3:16, John 14:16-17). If God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31) If God is with us, whom shall we fear? (Psalm 27:1) When we allow fear to control us, we are telling God that He is not strong enough to protect us.

Whether we want to admit it or not, every day we enter a battlefield. The battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the leaders and rulers of darkness (Ephesians 6:12). So, what is keeping you from telling others about Jesus? Suit up (Ephesians 6:11). Stand firm in faith. Act like a man. Be strong. (1 Corinthians 6:13)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper