Are They Listening?

As a music minister, I thought that my children and I could enjoy listening to music together. They really were not into music at all until the last few years. They first got interested in one of my TobyMac CDs. For about 6 months we enjoyed the same stuff...then one of them discovered heavy metal Christian music and then screamo Christian music. I really did not mind that they were listening to these as long as they were Christian groups. I tried to teach them about what makes music "Christian," but thought that they were just ignoring me. Then I read my son's post on a YouTube video:

Look, THERE LIES THE PROBLEM, There Is No Such Thing As A Christian SONG, Just LYRICS. Being A Christian Does Not Mean You Suddenly Cant Write Good Songs, All It Changes Is The Lyrics, Look At These Bands For Examples,
Demon Hunter
The Showdown
Manafest
underOATH
Living Sacrifice
Skillet
And Family Force 5
Look At Those And Tell Me What You Think Please.

Not only did he listen to me, but he even includes good logic skills by telling them that becoming a Christian doesn't mean that they suddenly cannot write good music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper