On the Road Marked With Suffering

Every day we continue to hear more and more negative news about the future of our economy. My family has personally been dealing with some very tough financial situations during the past year. Most likely we will see our home in Florida foreclosed on this year. We went through all of our savings trying to continue making double mortgage payments while our home sat on the market for more than one and a half months without any interest in it.

One thing we have learned through all of this, is that it is during the tough times that our faith is tested. Often we have sung the praise song "Blessed Be Your Name" by Matt Redman, but those words mean more to us now.

Blessed be Your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in
Lord still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord blessed be Your name

[© 2002 Thankyou Music (Admin. by EMI Christian Music Publishing) Beth Redman | Matt Redman]

At my recent Music Conference, a speaker shared these verses which helped remind me to continually give God the praise even in the tough times.

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights." (Habakkuk 3:17-19 NIV)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amiable brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper