Switching to a Mac


I recently made the switch to a MacBook Pro after nearly 25 years of using PCs running Microsoft operating systems. My first home computer was actually a Commodore 64. Great little gaming computer back around 1980. Then I moved up to the Amiga and thought I was in heaven. During that time I was using PCs with Microsoft DOS at work and school. I remember installing my first copy of Windows 3.1 and how exciting it was that Microsoft had finally moved to a graphical interface. Then I progressed to Windows 95 on a little desktop that wewere given for our home. Around 1998 I finally got rid of my Amiga and we purchased a home computer that had Windows 98. After Windows XP came out I tried to upgrade that computer and eventually gave up and bought another computer that had XP installed. I never made the switch to Windows ME, but we did purchase a laptop for my wife last year which had Vista on it.

After four days with my new MacBook Pro, I can honestly say that this has been the easiest change. There are a few things that I still need to get used to on the Mac (for instance, where is the "end" key so that I can edit a sentence and then jump to the end of the line?), but I am so happy that I was able to make the change. I do not think I will ever go back to a Windows based computer. [NOTE: I have installed Windows 7 on my Mac so that I can use a few Windows based programs that I will still need, i.e. FrontPage, and I do believe that if Microsoft can plug up their security problems and fix the instability problems then this operating system will be a giant leap for them].

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper