Friend to Me

I wrote this tonight because I needed some reminders about who God is, what He has done, and what He has planned for me. I hate to admit it, but as I wrote it there was this hokey country melody going through my head.

Friend to Me

Sitting in my easy chair staring into space
My world is caving in
Stop the world I’m getting off, I quit the race
What a day it has been
Oh, please not again

Voices calling out to me pulling left and right
They all want their way
My heart cries out for me leave and take the next flight
Please take me away
There must be a way

Then I look at what You did for me there upon dark Calvary
Your blood rescued me
And all my worries fall away like waves upon the sea
I have been set free
You did all this for me

So I thank You for healing me within
Oh I thank You for taking all my sin
And I thank You for opening my eyes
With eyes wide open now I plainly see...
The person that You planned for me to be

And I thank You for healing me within
Oh I thank You for taking all my sin
Yes I thank You for giving all of these:
New life, new heart, new eyes to see...
That You are God and Lord and Friend to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper