Teen Boys

This week we have had an extra teen at home as our nephew came to visit. We were trying to think of some fun things to do with the three boys (ages ~13, 14 and 15). I asked them what they would like to do and this was their response:
N: Nothing especially.
A: Play video games.
Z: It depends...can I have $20?

Later I suggested that we go to tour the Havre de Grace Chocolate factory. This was their response:
A: You don't want to get me near chocolate.
N: Yeah, we would probably end up in the chocolate vat.
Z: Could I get $20 instead?

I then suggested going hiking and these was the response:
A: Yeah, we could go hiking at Best Buy.
N: Yay, Best Buy.
Z: Could I go hiking and get $20?

While at Best Buy I purchased something for myself and commented that I could have gotten it for free if I had printed out my RewardZone certificates ahead of time. Z said, "Can I have the certificates?"

After visiting two Best Buys and four GameStops in the past three days with no money to spend, now they have some money from games they sold. Plus one also has some birthday money that he is dying to spend. I went down to the game room to tell my boys that I didn't think their cousin would want to go to Best Buy for the third time this week. Their response:
N: Let me finish this level.
A: I will go get my shoes.
Z: Of course we do.

Comments

charis said…
Oh goodness....how funny! They're getting to be so grown up now. I miss having you guys near by!
Anonymous said…
Maybe you may want to get a facebook icon to your blog. Just bookmarked this article, although I had to make it by hand. Just my 2 cents.
Unknown said…
Charis, we miss having you around as well. Had some college age girls from Liberty spend the weekend with us and it reminded me of when you lived here.

Anonymous, you just need to look at the bottom of the blog post to see the facebook icon posting tool.

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper