Crazy for Chick-fil-A

Well, I did it. I actually made it to Chick-fil-A for lunch today. It may not have been the best thing to do only two days after surgery, but no harm done. The hardest thing was the ride there and sitting in a straight back chair to eat lunch.

We now have two Chick-fil-A's in our county, but we still went to the original one in the Constant Friendship Shopping Center. The owners, Michael and Shannon Mcferren were members of our church until they went as part of a church plant that we launched just over a year ago.

My wife helped me find a seat and she went to order. She said that people standing in line were talking to complete strangers as if it was a big party of friends (maybe just a little of what it will be like when we all get to heaven). She saw someone we know from our homeschool co-op who wanted Wendy to know that she was praying for me.

Boy was it crowded. The drive through line was circling around the building and out into the roadway. Cars were trying to back out of parking spaces while avoiding the cars waiting in line. But everyone seemed to stay happy throughout all of the long waits. Lots of people were getting large to-go orders. The employees at Chick-fil-A were upbeat and helpful to everyone. I witnessed one off-duty employee stop by to see if they needed any extra help.

As busy as it was, the owners still took time to stop by my table and talk with me. Shannon shared with me her own experience with surgery and gave me the straight talk about what to expect pain wise for the next month. As we were standing up to leave, Shannon came and asked if I wanted her to help part the way for me so I did not get bumped into with the large crowd there. She held onto my arms and stood in front of me letting people know she was helping me exit since I just had surgery. People smiled and stepped to the side for us.

We thought we would have to wait for a long time to exit from our parking space, but cars waiting in the drive through line were more than willing to let cars back up so they could exit. All in all it is was a very pleasant experience. Now I just need to rest a little since it was a bit strenuous for me. I wonder how the mainstream news media will portray today's very successful show of support for Chick-fil-A, traditional marriage, and freedom of speech.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper