Déjà Vu All Over Again

This past Saturday I got a call from our senior pastor letting me know that he was sick and would not be able to preach on Sunday. Our small groups pastor who usually preaches on these occasions was on a hunting trip out of town. So I quickly put together some ideas from my own bible studies and prepared a sermon.

As I was working on the sermon, I realized that exactly one year prior I got a last minute call that our guest preacher was sick and would not be able to preach. Our senior pastor was out that week and our small groups pastor was involved in an all day event and would not have time to prepare something. And so I shared with the church that it was, in the immortal words of Yogi Berra, "Déjà vu all over again."

Sadly our sermon plug-in for our website is not working, so I cannot share the audio of the sermon with you. I have requested a video copy from our multimedia team and will post that as soon as they can edit it for broadcast on our local cable channel. In the mean time, I have posted a PDF of my sermon notes for those who would like to read what I had to share. Since I left out some of the prepared information, some of those who heard the sermon may still wish to read the notes.

Sermon Notes



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper