A Mother Asks

  • A mother asked President G.W. Bush, “Why did my son have to die in Iraq?”
  • A mother asked President Clinton, “Why did my son have to die in Saudi Arabia?”
  • A mother asked President G.H.W. Bush, “Why did my son have to die in Kuwait?”
  • Another mother asked President Johnson, “Why did my son have to die in Vietnam?”
  • Another mother asked President Truman, “Why did my son have to die in Korea?”
  • Another mother asked President F.D. Roosevelt, “Why did my son have to die in Iwo Jima?”
  • Another mother asked President W. Wilson, “Why did my son have to die on a battlefield in France?”
  • Another mother asked President Lincoln, “Why did my son have to die at Gettysburg?”
  • Another mother asked President Washington, “Why did my son have to die on a frozen field near Valley Forge?”
  • Another mother asked, “Why did my Son have to die on a cross outside of Jerusalem?”

    The answer is the same for each – “So that others may have life and dwell in peace, happiness, and freedom.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper