Sign of True Worship

I am on vacation, but we are not leaving the area, so we decided to go to our church for worship and Bible study today. It was much less stressful than visiting a new church. We knew the routines, we knew where everything was, we knew what to expect. Wendy decided to go ahead and play keyboard at the Contemporary service as usual since it is not work for her. The boys and I sat in the balcony.

Something happened that I hope others experience each week. When the praise team and band finished the last song before the sermon, I had this longing for more. Usually by that time of the service I have been running for around three hours (sound check, prayer with ministers, meet with choir, direct first Traditional service, rehearse with praise band and team, sound check for second service and lead Contemporary worship). I am usually ready fora break and my first chance to sit down for the morning.

But that was not my experience yesterday. I wanted more. I felt somewhat like the little orphan Oliver standing with my empty bowl in my hand wishing that I could have just a little more. Although thecorporate worship time had ended, I was pumped and ready for the remaining time of listening to God speak through the soloist and sermon. That is a sign of a true worship experience. And a great way to start my vacation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper