Expensive Habit


Last night I was enjoying one of my little habits, chewing ice, when suddenly I noticed that some of the ice seemed a little extra crunchy. I spit it out to find out that I had broken a tooth. I went to the dentist today and discovered that it wasn't really from chewing ice, but a filling had slipped and wore down the tooth so that it had cracked.


I am almost certain this filling is from the last dentist visit I had two years ago. That visit was the worst I had ever experienced. The dentist had to give me three shots of novocaine to numb me. While he worked on me, I was constantly feeling pain. Afterwards, my teeth and jaw were sore for weeks. Now I find out that his poor work has related in a broken tooth years later.


The total cost: $1027. Ouch. That hurt more than when my tooth broke.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper