I Am Sore Afraid

Have you ever spent a month practicing the wrong version of a duet only to find out the day before a program? Now, after singing the Larnelle Harris Sandi Patty version of "I've Just Seen Jesus" all day long, I am seriously sore afraid. I am sore, because I think I have overdone the practice and my throat is feeling scratchy. Not as bad as it was a few weeks ago following a moderate asthma attack, but still enough that I have to stop singing for the day. And afraid because I still have not learned the last chorus correctly and only have until 3 PM tomorrow to learn that. This makes the 11th song in a month that I have had to learn just by listening to the track, which is not my strong suit. Actually the 12th song if you count the wrong version that I learned. Life is so much easier with printed music. Even the shaped-note kind is better than nothing at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper