Spiritual Markers

Our Bible Study group has been working through the Experiencing God study by Henry Blackaby and Claude King. This study has been out for 20 years, but it is, in my opinion, one of the best discipleship-based bible studies available. Learning how to know and do the will of God is the entire purpose of discipleship. This is my fourth time to lead a group through this study.

We have reached the point in the study that speaks about milestones or spiritual markers. This is one aspect of the study that has stuck with me for the past twenty years. Even prior to the study I remember being led by my mentor in the ministry, Dr. Randy Von Kanel, to keep a spiritual journal. He explained that the journal would allow me to go back and see how God had worked in my life during my summer as a teen missionary in Wyoming.

I have not always kept up my spiritual journaling, but I do see blogging as a means for Christians to write out what God has been saying to them. It is a way for us to leave spiritual markers for others to see. Just as people travel to Washington DC to see great memorials of people who helped secure and keep our freedom in this country, online spiritual journals can help us share what God is doing to people around the world.

We serve a great and mighty God. He is the Creator of the everything that is and He is the Ruler over all kings, dictators, presidents, prime ministers, etc. He has all authority, all power and reigns supreme over all. Regardless of our religious beliefs, He is and always will be the One and only God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper