Another One Bites the Dust

And another one gone, and another one gone. Another one bites the dust.

I have to admit that I had my doubts about continuing my 1lb per week weight loss since I am taking a staycation and we went out to eat twice this weekend. But I was happy to see that I am indeed down one more pound this week.

I had actually prepared some ideas for what I would put in my blog if I had not lost weight or worse had gained some this past week. All of them were excuses as well as a little pep talk about how it is not important if you lose a little ground as long as you keep pressing on toward the finish line. But the truth is that I still do not have a goal in mind. I just want to keep working on losing a pound at a time and see where I go from there.

It is amazing how easily it is to get discouraged when trying to make lifestyle changes such as this. I did some yard work on Friday and my back has been hurting since. Add to that the slight pain that I feel around my waist as some tightening is going on from muscles reforming where too much fat had settled in. My first thought was the old adage, "No pain, no gain." Then I thought, "but who diets so they can feel pain?" I can see why so many people fail at dieting. It is not an easy thing.

I will tell you something else: I have reached a point where the thought of fast food is somewhat disgusting. I have never been a fan of greasy foods, but now when I am hungry I cannot imagine stopping by a McDonald's or Taco Bell to feed my hunger. I would rather just get some soup or salad. Of course, I have always liked salads so it is not like I am suffering any.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper