One More Down

12 weeks, 12 pounds down. It seems that I have definitely hit on the right mix of exercise and diet for me. The best part of my diet is that I have still been able to eat some no-nos, such as cookies, pie, chocolate candy and even a couple iced doughnuts during the past 12 weeks. And there has only been one time that I had to turn down something that I really wanted to eat because I was thinking about my diet.

I have only three more pounds to go and I will weigh the same as when I got married 19 years ago. I don't plan to stop there, but I really do not have a goal in mind. After I lost the first 7 pounds I started to notice that my energy was coming back. I have never been one to sit around doing nothing, but the problems that I have had with asthma for the past 3 years has really taken a toll on my generally hyperactive mind. My mind was still going at light-speed, but my breathing and body were slowing me down little by little.

I am certain that most of the credit for my ability to continue to lose weight is because my asthma has been much better the past two months. I have been able to sing at all three morning services without being completely worn out. I have not had to use my rescue inhaler nearly as much. It really feels great to be able to breathe. So, my energy level is up because I feel better and I am able to do more exercise and yard work and such.

Enough sitting around typing. Time to eat some lunch and go do something. Time's a-wasting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper