Courageous Movie

Just watched the new Courageous Movie by Sherwood Pictures. There were some incredibly emotional moments in the movie. During one particular scene I personally wanted to reach out and hug my boys...but they were home and not with us. The crowd was laughing so much at times that it was difficult to hear the movie's sound.

I was not exactly thrilled about spending $19 to go see this movie. Most Christian movies are embarrassingly corny with holier-than-thou dialogue. The previous Sherwood Pictures movie, Fire Proof, showed that Christian movies do not have to be corny, but it was also still a very in-your-face Christian movie. Courageous on the other hand proved that Christian movies can combine fast-paced action movies with the core Christian values and sprinkle in some real life Christian speech and relationships without the corny dialogue.

I certainly applaud the growing ministry of the team at Sherwood Baptist Church. I would love to meet these people some day because their creativity is very inspiring to me as a worship pastor. I encourage you to go see this movie before it comes to Redbox, Netflix or DVD. Your will enjoy the experience of watching it on the big-screen and you will help to support the awesome, God-inspired ministry of Sherwood Baptist Church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty Feet

Pampered and Pacified

Silent Lord's Supper